Friday, August 08, 2008

Ugly fish with humanoid teeth and a nasty personality pulled from El Paso's Ascarate Lake The fish, caught Tuesday, had humanlike teeth, growled, was 15 inches long, bit a hook in half and stunned a man who weighs about 200 pounds. "I believe it's a piranha," Rodriguez said. "When I caught it, it scared me. ... It was very aggressive; it snapped his jaw and snorted at me when I tried to get it. It cut the hook in half leaving part of it in its mouth." Rodriquez, 33, said he has caught different types of fish at Ascarate Lake since he was a child, but "I've never caught a fish like that in my life." Dustin Barrett with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department identified the exotic fish as a red-bellied pacu, a fish closely related to dreaded piranha....

No comments: