Friday, November 07, 2008

Interview with actor Robert Fuller Some excerpts from a recent interview I did with Robert Fuller, star of “Wagon Train,” and “Emergency.” The only color season of “Wagon Train,” one of the great TV westerns, has just been released on DVD, along with a selection of 16 of the best black and white episodes. “When I was doing ‘Laramie,’ all our dressing rooms at Universal were called Whiskey Row, across the street from two bungalows that belonged to Tony Curtis and Rock Hudson. We had dressing rooms that had a bedroom and a kitchen, but nothing like the bungalows across the street for Tony and Rock. There were five or six in a row. The first one was Ward Bond’s, the next was Frank McGrath’s, the next was Terry Wilson’s, the next was John Smith’s, and the last was Lee Marvin’s. “That’s why they called it Whiskey Row. “Right now I live in Gainesville Texas, 65 miles north of Dallas. Got a ranch just south of the Red River. Horse country. I’ve got quarter horses and miniature donkeys and 28 acres of coastal Bermuda hay which I inherited when I bought the place four and a half years ago. I sell it to the ranchers for their horses. “I don’t do any work. I don’t have an agent and I don’t want to. To tell you the truth, I left Hollywood because I got tired of living in the same town with Rosie O’ Donnell and Sean Penn.”

No comments: