Friday, March 13, 2009

Bob Welch's Steer Tie-Down Video



Editor's Note: Hey Guys. This was my second attempt at a video blog and I think I owe you as viewers a couple explanations. First, this method of laying a steer down is pretty common, nothing new, but I hadn't seen it much so thought I'd share it. You'll notice a couple edit points in the video, I'm not trying to hide anything, just trying to keep you from having to watch some boring footage. Sometimes it takes a while for a steer to let you ride all the way around him to lay that rope down--especially in a pen where they can get up against a fence and prevent you from riding around them. Still, I think it's a better way than jerking them down. I think it's easier on the steer and the horse. Also in the interest of full disclosure, I had laid him down one other time that day, but didn't have the camera rolling.

Second, just a little about that horse. This is his four-year-old year. I'm pretty proud of how he handles himself. You'll notice I'm riding in a bosal. I normally don't do that, but he's got some warts or something on his lip that we're treating and I don't want a bit in his mouth to aggravate it. Guess that's about it. I hope this video was interesting. I'd love to know what you thought, so drop me a line or make a comment if you have a question or something to say.

Thanks,
Bob

You might want to check out Bob's other posts at MyHorse.com

No comments: