Saturday, May 09, 2009

Calif.'s Harman Rails Against Wiretapping That Ensnared Her

Rep. Jane Harman vowed yesterday to clear her name after the revelation of a wiretapped conversation in which she reportedly agreed to intervene in the federal investigation of two pro-Israel lobbyists in exchange for help in getting a coveted congressional post. The California Democrat noted that she had called on the Justice Department to release all the information it had about secretly monitored conversations that involved her. "I want it all out there. I want it in public. I want everyone to understand, including me, what has happened," Harman said before a packed auditorium...Harman has described the wiretap as an abuse of government power. But sources have told The Washington Post that she was not being surveilled; the tapped phone belonged to the suspected Israeli agent, who happened to talk to her. "I will not quit on this until I am absolutely sure this can never happen to anyone else,"...WPost

Harman had been a strong supporter of the Busheviks spying and wiretapping of U.S. citizens.

Funny how their views change when the law is actually applied to them.

No comments: