Friday, October 02, 2009

Five-year-old boy kills 800-pound alligator

Simon Hughes was on a hunting trip with his father when they came across the massive reptile. The boy grabbed his junior-sized .410-gauge shotgun and fired at the creature which was 20 times his size and is one of the biggest ever seen in Texas. Afterwards Simon said: "I wasn't afraid for a second. Next year I'm going to kill me a bigger alligator." He described how he shouted “holy moly” when he saw the size of the alligator and intends to bring the mounted head in to school for show-and-tell. He said: “My friends were proud of me and I was proud of myself. It's humungous.” The first grader was on a hunting trip with his rancher father Scott Hughes and a guide. He learned to shoot guns at the age of four and also knows how to drive all-terrain vehicles...read more

No comments: