Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Song Of The Day #362

Ranch Radio wasn't able to broadcast yesterday, so we'll have a double whammy today.

There will be no theme or particular era this week, just whatever strikes me.

Several recent happenings have got me to thinking about my youth. So here are two songs that may make you think of yours. They are both in the Texas country or alt-country style. Some of those are too rocky, some too folky, but most are more country than what you hear on top 40 radio. Many of them tell a great story, which I like in a song.

Here is James McMurtry performing See The Elephant from his Childish Things CD. And yes, novelist Larry McMurtry is his father. That's followed by Mark David Manders performing My Old Friend from his Cannonball CD.

Did you get to see the elephant? I did, and a helluva lot more than I should have.


No comments: