Monday, June 13, 2011

CNFR: New Mexico State's Stineman wows in breakaway roping

New Mexico State's Kendra Stineman had the perfect set-up Sunday during the Bull, Broncs & Breakaway competition at the College National Finals Rodeo. Stineman, the final breakaway roper in the first section of the event, won the first go-round with a 2.4-second run at the Casper Events Center. "I had a lot of jitters," Stineman, a freshman, said. "But it worked out great for me because I got to see some runs and know the scoring and I didn't have time to get nervous. "I would have been real nervous if I would have gone later in the day." Instead, Stineman put the pressure on the other ropers. And, for the most part, they didn't respond. Twenty competitors finished with no-times and just six had a run in less than 3 seconds. "I knew coming in that if I could rope all four [calves] this week I'd be sitting good," Stineman said. "I'm glad I was able to come through."...more

Another NMSU freshman, Olivia Train, placed 5th with a 2.8.

No comments: