Friday, March 02, 2012

What the hell is next?

Most of you know Sharon spent three days in the hospital and I just get her out Wednesday.

Didn't get to work on The Westerner last night because of a request from a Congressional office to review some legislation.

Went to get up this morning and the power chair won't move.  The little screen on the armature said "reset" according to Sharon.  So where is the "reset" button?  There isn't one.  Unplug and start.  No dice.

We call the repairman.  I'm sitting on the edge of the bed.  Sharon is to weak to help me get back in so I'm stuck there.

Repairman arrives and his first fix doesn't work.  Calls for tech help and it still doesn't work.  I'm sitting on the edge of the bed.  Repairman says may take 3 weeks for new parts.  I'm sitting on the edge of the bed.

Wait.  Repairman says he may have an old, beat-up joy stick apparatus in his van.  He goes to look in his van.  I'm sitting on the edge of the bed.  Thank heaven he has one.  Plugs it in, reprograms it, and it works!

I'm no longer sitting on the edge of the bed...but.

These things happen to me in three's...so what the hell is next?


.

2 comments:

Tick said...

And it's not even the ides of March...

Anonymous said...

Hope you win the Power Ball for the third one. Then you can get a new chair...one not made in Michigan.