Monday, June 18, 2012

Call for Quotes – Gila Fire


Call for Quotes – Gila Fire

In my column for the New Mexico Stockman I don’t want to just write about the fire.  I think it would be more powerful to have a series of quotes from people affected by the fire.

I’m requesting quotes from county commissioners and other locally elected officials, ranchers, hunters, business owners, home owners, etc.

Quotes can be from one sentence to a couple of paragraphs.  Suggested topics could be the impact on you, your family or business; what role did wilderness play in the fire; how decades of mismanagement contributed to the fire; the management of the fire and or whatever is important to you.

Your quote “”should be followed by your name and profession or title.

If you are concerned about retaliation from the Forest Service or others I can list you as Anonymous.

Please send your quote to mscowboy@gmail.com   If you have any questions email me.

Note:  MY DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20 AT NOON.

Please share this post.  Quotes not used for The Stockman will appear at my blog, The Westerner:  www.thewesterner.blogspot.com  and will be picked up by the NM Congressional Delegation and other decision makers.  Let the Feds here from you!

No comments: