Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Daughter hailed a hero for lifting up BMW to free her father pinned under the luxury sedan

A fast acting 22-year-old has been hailed a hero after she lifted up a car weighing a ton and a half to save her father, who became crushed under his BMW 525i. Lauren Kornacki swept in to save her father, Alec, when a jack slipped as he worked under the car on July 29, at the family’s home in Glen Allen, Virginia. Lauren, a recent University of Mary Washington grad, happened to be on her way out the door when she saw her father pinned under his luxury car. Finding her father unconscious, the terrified daughter let out a primal scream and yelled to her mother, Liz, to call 911. Lauren, a former basketball player, then knelt down and mustered up the strength to lift the weighty vehicle and free her father. ‘It flashed like, 'I'm going to lose my dad. His eyes were open; he wasn't responding to me. I knew I had to get his heart beating again, and I had to get him breathing,’ Lauren, who was trained in CPR from her job as a lifeguard, told local TV news station, WWBT...more

No comments: