Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Thoughts On Song Of The Day

We are creeping up on #1000 and I need your thoughts on this feature.

I stared out playing country classics by Eddy Arnold, Hank Snow, Bob Wills, etc. with a rarity thrown in every once in a while. Most recently, I've concentrated on selections that are hard to find and 78s.

I've had very few repeats except for requests.

Here's where you can help me:

Do you want me to continue with Song Of The Day?

Classics, rarities...what kind of a mix do you prefer?

Most selections are from the 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s.  Should I expand this to the 60s and beyond?

Most selections are either country, western, western swing, swing, bluegrass or rockabilly with a dixieland jazz piece thrown in every once in a while.  Should this be expanded to include some pop tunes from those eras?

Please give me your thoughts and comments so I can decide whether to continue and if so, your preferences on what should be featured here.

You can use the comments section below, email me flankcinch@hotmail.com, or comment on Facebook or Twitter.


Mucho thanks for your help,

Frank

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please keep doing the Song of the Day! I like the mix you do, especially the rarities, but to me there is no such thing as too much Bob Wills and other western swing.