Thursday, January 30, 2014

Chick-fil-a owner hands out food to drivers stranded on Highway

Some are calling Mark Meadows a real life snow angel after a winter storm trapped thousands far from home this week. Meadows own the Chick-fil-a restaurant on Highway 280 and he too was on the road Tuesday afternoon when the snow started coming down. "I had a delivery to make. I had this lady who said she still wanted her boxed meal delivered. So I got on 280 and two hours later I was still not to where I needed to be," Meadows said. That's when Meadows did the first thing that came to mind. "That's when I started handing out box meals on people on 280," he said. The Chick-fil-a closed for business early on in the day when it became apparent the snow storm wasn't slowing down. But when Meadows finally reunited with his team at the restaurant none of them were prepared to slow down either. "And they started preparing sandwiches and we went out into 280 and just stared passing 'em out to people," Meadows said. Hundreds, if not thousands, of drivers were stuck on for hours along the icy highway...more

No comments: