Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Utah House passes bill to get cannabis oil to seizure-stricken kids

Utah’s House gallery, filled with parents of children with epilepsy, erupted into applause Monday following passage of a bill that would allow their trial use of non-intoxicating, seizure-stopping cannabis oils. The breach of decorum drew a reprimand from House Speaker Becky Lockhart, who, nevertheless, landed on the "yes" side of the 62-11 vote to approve HB105. Families spilled from the chambers exchanging tearful, congratulatory hugs and flowers. The measure now heads to the Senate where it’s expected to be warmly received. "This treatment could mean a better quality of life for my son," said April Sintz, the South Jordan mother of a seven-year-old boy with an untreatable form of epilepsy known as Dravet syndrome. "We hope it helps him function and participate in school, to be able to do things that a little boy should be doing, instead of just being at home seizing." HB105 would allow authorized Utahns with "intractable epilepsy" to purchase certain cannabis extracts — high in cannabidiol (CBD) but low in tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive chemical component of marijuana that creates a high in users — without fear of prosecution. Priming the bill for passage was the Utah Medical Association’s endorsement. The doctor lobby previously opposed it, but the latest version adopted Monday limits access to patients with "intractable epilepsy" and only with a neurologist’s recommendation. Patients would have to apply to the Utah Department of Health for a "hemp extract registration card" and be observed and evaluated by their doctor who would report on patients’ progress to the health department...more

I see the docs wouldn't approve it until the bill was amended so they can make money off the program.  The parents are are apparently too dumb to know what's best for their kids.  They should title this bill "The Welfare for Doctors Act".


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful to Rick for providing me with Hemp oil here is the United State of America. I was diagnose with brain cancer 3 years ago, and ever since then i have done a lot of Chemo and Radiation that has not help me, but only damaged my immune system and render it weak and helpless. I came across the Phoenix Tears and i have read about the Hemp oil a lot and saw that I could provide me with Hemp Oil here is the State, i contacted him via email on:ricksimpsonoil@outlook.com for the procurement of this medication, to my surprise the medication was procured and delivered within 48 hours and i have been on treatment for the past 3 months. Am now here to testify that am no more a cancer patient, I have experience a total transformation in my health sector with Rick Simpson Hemp oil service. for all cancer patient that live in the America and Canada region and beyond, get your Hemp oil from ;ricksimpsonoil@outlook.com

pedro lockwood

Parveen said...





My name is Parveen Saida, I live Florida. my son have been suffering from epilepsy and i have tried many other medications and it did not work, he had couple of seizures per day and find it difficult to remember things and cannot play among he his age mates. My sister who works in the clinic told me about cbd oil and its curing effect. I purchased the cbd oil from London by emailing londoncancercentre@gmail.com and they gave me instructions on how to use the cbd oil for the treatment of epilepsy. After using the oil for the duration of time given, my son was totally free from epilepsy and seizures but i was advised that he should continue to take the oil for some time to maintain good health and restore the memory completely. I am so happy now that my son is free from epilepsy and if anyone are suffering from epilepsy, cbd oil is the only natural remedy to epilepsy.