Saturday, May 09, 2015

Plans to turn old Roswell dairy into medical marijuana farm

The Roswell plant used to process milk may now be used to process marijuana plants, but not everyone is on board. For decades, Nature's Dairy on South Main Street in Roswell produced local milk. It closed its' doors last year. Now, the building might become a medical marijuana production facility. Next week, county officials will consider rezoning the property. It has a lot of people in Roswell talking. "I think it's awesome," said Eleanor Johnson. "I'm sure once it gets going it will probably provide some jobs. Marijuana has been a miracle in my life. The medical cannabis, it is a miracle. The pain relief that I get, I was just telling someone the arthritis I have. I can go outside and smoke a small - basically the amount of one inhale off a cigarette - and have instant relief." "I'm not in favor of that," said Roswell Mayor Dennis Kintigh. "I don't think it's a good thing for Roswell. I think any activity like this puts anyone associated with it at serious civil liability, and I believe it is just a matter of time until there is some type of lawsuit, and it's not going to go well. Because this substance is not approved by the Food and Drug Administration yet; it's supposedly being used to treat medical conditions - that will not go well." Some say its location near the city is an issue, too...more

Alright, we can head to Roswell, get high, sit under those golden arches and chomp down on a McHorse burger.

Poor Roswell.  The left doesn't want a slaughter plant and the right doesn't want a marijuana facility.

Seventy-five years ago you could have started either business and success or failure would have depended on consumer satisfaction.  Now it depends on gov't and the result is you can't even get started.

That's too bad for Roswell and for me.  Roswell will do without businesses, jobs, incomes and increased revenues.  And me, I won't be able to lay under those arches and contemplate the world, all while munching on some barbequed Chaves County cayuse.

You folks better get with it   Otherwise, Obama is liable to turn the whole darn place into a National Monument.

 

1 comment:

Milk Production said...

Hi, I have read your post “Plans to turn old Roswell dairy into medical marijuana farm”, it is very good news. The plans of Roswell dairy is excellent. Thanks for giving excellent information.