Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Grizzly Bear Pawed Through The Wrong Canadian’s Cupboard

After a harrowing encounter with a grizzly bear that broke into their home, one woman is glad her husband is a skilled hunter. Early Sunday morning, Niki Traverse’s dog wouldn’t stop barking like mad, prompting her to wake up and check to see what was wrong. The Traverses live in British Columbia, Canada, in a mountain region, CBC reports. As soon as she entered into the kitchen, she saw a male grizzly bear feasting on cat and dog food in a cupboard after it had climbed through a window left open because of the heat.  Niki immediately ran back to the bedroom and woke up her husband Mark, who then brought out his hunting rifle. “I went to the kitchen, turned the light on and where the bear was, he came at me and I took a shot,” Mark told CBC.  “By the time I reloaded the gun, he took a step more towards me, and I took another shot and he hit the floor, and he was still moving, so put another one in him, and that was the end of him,” he added...more

No comments: