Friday, January 08, 2016

video - Hundreds attend community meeting in Burns

Hundreds of people showed up for a town hall meeting in Burns, Ore., on Wednesday as armed militiamen continued their occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. Harney County Sheriff David Ward stood in front of that large group to talk about safety and the disruption the occupation has caused. Earlier this week he told Ammon Bundy and his men to pack up and go home, but Bundy has said the group won't leave until federal land is returned to the locals. The town meeting began with a standing ovation for the sheriff and a prayer for peace. People who live in Harney County have a lot of questions, and many are frustrated. "So it's about time people start standing up and stop this thing that's going on," one local resident said. One after another, people from Harney County stood in front of a microphone and voiced their opinions about the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. Some spoke out in support of the takeover. "I wish that it had been done differently, but I'm glad that those guys did it," another resident said. Others are fired up about it. "Let's not get caught up. Like I'm pissed as hell right now and my boots are shakin'. But I'm proud of who I am. I'm proud to be a rancher and I'm not gonna let some other people be my face!" said someone else who lives there...more

Here is the KTVB video report:


No comments: