Friday, August 05, 2016

Governor Walker Tours King Cove & Calls For Airport Road

On Wednesday, Governor Bill Walker toured King Cove, to witness the urgency of a needed link between the remote Aluet community and the close-by Cold Bay airport. Governor Walker was accompanied by First Lady Donna Walker, and Alaska Department of Natural Resources Commissioner Andy Mack. Our Governor stated in a press release, “I have met multiple times with U.S. Interior Secretary Sally Jewell, and on this issue, I know we don’t agree…I won’t give up, though, on pushing for what the residents of King Cove need – a road to access emergency medical care.” Governor Bill Walker added, “An Alaskan suffering a heart attack should not have to additionally brave the elements just to get to a doctor…After having met community members who have had close calls and having seen for myself the great lengths they have to travel just to be medevaced out, I see the urgent need for a solution.” link

No comments: