Sunday, December 11, 2016

Lee Pitts - Man up

Men, it’s time we had a talk.

I hope you’re as ashamed as I am about the news that the sperm count of the average male in this country is down 30 percent compared to just three years ago. At this rate we’ll all be eunuchs in seven years. Here’s another statistic that should make you hang your head in shame. Your average American male now spends 51 minutes per day grooming himself. Gone are the days when a guy could be ready to go someplace in two minutes, now it’s the woman waiting on the man. And here’s the scariest report of all: Viewership of the NFL is down for the first time in forever. Probably because guys are too busy watching reruns of Project Runway or Ellen.

Pick up any ag related publication and you’re bound to see photos of FFA officer teams. In many of these you’ll not see a single male. I was President of the California Association of the FFA when women were first allowed in and it was an oddity to see a female in an FFA jacket. Now the roles are reversed and guys wearing the blue and gold are as rare as an alto saxophone in a bunkhouse. When I was studying Animal Science in college it was 90 percent guys, most of them longing for female companionship. In the photo of the last graduating class at my alma mater it looked like all women with a token guy or two.

I went into the hardware store the other day and in the plumbing department I was waited on by a female. Is nothing sacred? I’ve heard of men attending bridal showers and of far too many wives leaving their husbands for other women. I really can’t say as I blame them either when you consider the sad state of manhood these days.

No comments: