Thursday, March 10, 2005

Friends,

I'm on my way to Guthrie, Ok., for the Timed Even Championships. My son had to work late, so we got a late start, and have stopped for what's left of the night in Amarillo.

Time permitting, I will still try to post. However, it will look more like a traditional blog. As you are aware, I spend alot of time copying and pasting, so you really have an idea of whats in the article and can decide to hit the link or skip to the next one. I know some of you read it like a newsletter. With the slow hookups and the lack of time I won't be able to do that for you on this trip. The finals are Sunday and I will be home Monday.

Keep checking in for the latest news and I will be giving updates on the competition.

For the FS's attempt to mimic the private sector on sustainable logging, see Forest Service will try out external reviews at Mount Hood, Siuslaw

Pilot in wilderness crash flew astray, report says This is about the Sept 20 crash that killed the pilot and two FS employees.

Just blowing off a little steam at Mt. St. Helens.

Authorities arrest 11 more in southern Oregon near the Fiddler timber sale.

See Standing Up to Ecocide in Oregon for a report on the 23rd University of Oregon Public Interest Environmental Law Conference (E-LAW).

AP is reporting the Bush administration may back county payments law.

Critics fear Park Service headed down wrong path says a column in the Boston Globe.

Groups seek wilderness designation on BLM land in south-central Wyoming.

No comments: