Tuesday, September 15, 2009

To save his pets, man brawls with bobcat

Gary Lucia of Hermantown suffered minor injuries after what he described as an attack by a bobcat in his garage late Friday night. Lucia was working on his laptop computer and hanging out with his pet ducks and goose when a bobcat entered his garage at about 11 p.m. Friday. The ducks and goose “started quacking really loud and getting really nervous,” Lucia, 52, said of his 11 ducks and one goose. “I looked down and saw it. The bobcat was really long and on a prowl. “He started to go after the ducks, and they scattered,” said Lucia, who described the cat as about 80 pounds, muscular, gray and brown in coat and with a short tail. “He pinned a few [ducks] in a corner, and that is when I went after the cat. I came in from the side, and that is when he came after me. Then we chased each other and he climbed on the walls and onto the overhead door. I don’t know if he bit me in the head or clawed me, but I was bleeding pretty good.”...DuluthNewsTribune

No comments: