Monday, November 09, 2009

Penry puts principle first on Pinon Canyon

Recently, U.S. Rep. Mike Coffman opined in the Colorado Statesman that Republican gubernatorial candidate Josh Penry is “anti-military" for being against the U.S. Army’s proposed Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site expansion. I realize that the game for cronies in Congress, Republicans and Democrats alike, is to cover for each other, and former U.S. Rep. Scott McInnis is Josh Penry’s biggest GOP rival in the upcoming election for governor. However, Rep. Coffman’s remarks were overboard, inaccurate, and more like one of the political stratagems of his opposition. I like Mike. He is a Facebook friend and fellow veteran, but he is dead wrong. I have two sons in harms’ way in the now-undeclared global war on terrorism. I am also a VA-rated 70 percent disabled Vietnam veteran and a member in good standing of the Special Forces Association, Special Operations Association, DAV, VFW, American Legion and Military Writers Society of America. There is no way in the world that I would ever support anybody for any office who is anti-military in any way, shape or form. I am very proud that I am also the campaign manager for Josh Penry in Fremont County...read more

No comments: