Saturday, April 17, 2010

Riding off into the sunset


Family, friends and classmates of Jesse Andrus and Michael Hillman comfort each other Friday at the Roswell Convention and Civic Center during a memorial service held to remember the teens who were found dead in Arizona earlier in the week from carbon monoxide poisoning. The Goddard High School seniors were returning to Roswell from a weekend rodeo in Carefree, Arizona. (Mark Wilson Photo)

The voice of a young man lost in a tragic accident sang from the speakers which hung high above the some 2,000 mourners at the Roswell Convention and Civic Center on Friday. Despite such a large number of people present, the hall was silent except for the a cappella tune that filled the somber room. “I was sitting on the chutes talking to my mom. She teared up and I asked what was wrong. She said, ‘It’s about your friend and you’ll never see him again.’ I hit my knees and I began to cry, and asked the Lord, ‘Why, oh why, did he have to go, did he have to die?’ He didn’t get the chance to live his life,” went the lyrics...Roswell Daily Record (Subscription Required)

No comments: