Friday, October 01, 2010

Good News

Yours truly escaped a stay in the hospital.

It's hard to believe that a mild-mannered gentleman like me would overdo anything. But I did. Doing too many things and spending too many hours in the wheelchair caused me to develop a saddle sore (the doc called it an ulcer). You will recall that's what got Superman Chris Reeves.

But, my slowing down and Sweet Sharon's doctoring saved the day. They didn't think much of our home remedy (even tho it had started the healing process), so I've got a prescription now that will hopefully finish the job.

The second part of the good news is we both get to do something we enjoy: For me it’s staying out of the hospital and for Sweet Sharon it’s getting to play with my fanny.

And speaking of docs, check out The Song Of The Day. It's about a veterinarian.

Thanks to all of you who communicated and sent kind thoughts my way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad Sharon is getting to have a little fun!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing ok. I really like your blog since I found it earlier this summer. Keep up the hard work, it's important to all of us on the front lines of the frontier.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that your saddle sore is getting better. Cut and Heal is a great medicine, but the doc's don't like it or it's smell.
Your blog is important to all of us in the West!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. It's one of the first I check everyday on my "favorites". I hope you don't mind me "cutting and pasting" your news stories in the comment section of other, shall we say more eco friendly blogs, to refute and embarass them. Thanks again. Keep turning a negative into a positive.