Monday, May 09, 2011

Coyote attacks Connecticut man while he was mowing lawn

Seamus Plyler was mowing the lawn at his house on Tantummaheag Road Sunday morning when he said a coyote the size of a large German shepherd attacked him. "I saw it wandering around the field where I was mowing," Plyler, 22, said. He didn't think much of it, as foxes wander there frequently. "It got closer, and I just kept on mowing, and it snuck up behind me and when I turned around, it was right there, and that's when it pounced on me," Plyler said. "It was like an all-out battle for like a minute and a half, two minutes." The coyote clung to his shirt and arms, Plyler said. "He was intent on killing me," he said. Plyler had no time to grow alarmed. He fought back, kicking and hitting the animal where he could. Eventually, he was able to get the coyote off him, and it ran back into the woods, he said. Plyler said he received his first set of rabies shots Sunday because there was some concern the coyote may have had rabies. He's due back for nine more...more

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was the coyote hurt?