Saturday, September 01, 2012

Sheriff Babeu Fully Exonerated by AG Report

Today, the Arizona Attorney General’s Office has released the findings of their seven month comprehensive investigation completed at the request of Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu. The findings show without question, Sheriff Babeu was fully cleared of any allegation of wrongdoing, threat of deportation and abuse of authority. Sheriff Paul Babeu stated, “I knew how this would end, because I knew the truth, yet I had to prove my innocence. Today, I’m fully cleared of these false attacks designed to ruin me. Some in the media worked their agenda hard to prove me guilty, regardless of the facts. In America, everyone is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, yet I had to prove my innocence. The 400,000 citizens that I serve saw through these election year attacks and media sensationalism. The fact that I’m gay doesn’t matter. I want to be judged by the value I add to my community, by my performance and results. We won 42% more votes than my closest opponent in the republican primary. The people who know me best, know we’ve done an exceptional job as Sheriff and that these allegations were false.” ..more

No comments: