Thursday, November 06, 2014

Miranda Lambert and Luke Bryan among winners at CMA Awards 2014

Miranda Lambert walked away with four awards at this year's CMA Awards. The singer was named Female Vocalist of the Year, and won the Single of the Year for her hit 'Automatic' as well as Album of the Year for Platinum. Lambert also scooped the Musical Event of the Year award for featuring on Keith Urban's 'We Were Us'. On collecting the Female Vocalist of the Year award, she said: "I don't even know what to say, I just can't believe that I'm standing here. I can't believe this is my life, this is what I get to do for a living, this is my job - thank you fans for that. "I just appreciate what God allowed me to do in my life. Thank you so much for letting me live my dream and for believing in my art, it means my world to me." Elsewhere, Luke Bryan collected the Entertainer of the Year award, while Kacey Musgraves, Brandy Clark and Shane McAnally celebrated victory in the Song of the Year category for their track 'Follow Your Arrow'. Vocal Group of the Year went to Little Big Town for the third consecutive year and Florida Georgia Line took the Vocal Duo of the Year award for the second time. Meanwhile, Mac McAnally was handed Musician of the Year, Brett Eldredge was named best new artist and Dierks Bentley's 'Drunk on a Plane' won the best music video award. Lambert's husband Blake Shelton also picked up an award at this year's ceremony for Male Vocalist of the Year.   Source

No comments: