Nearly 900 workers at a Tyson Food plant in Indiana have reportedly tested positive for COVID-19.
The coronavirus infected 890 of the 2,200 people at the plant located in Logansport, Ind., local station WISH TV reported Wednesday. The updated number is more than 700
additional confirmed cases at the plant than the Cass County Health
Department reported last week, according to the Indianapolis Star. Tyson announced last week that the company would voluntarily close its facility and work with county officials on a plan to reopen. Cass
County Commissioner Ryan Browning said he’s working with Tyson and the
health department to develop a workable reopening plan, according to
WISH. Serenity Alter, the Cass County
Health Department administrator, said she expects the number of positive
cases to continue to increase. “We
were in good shape for a couple weeks and then just within the couple
weeks it kind of blew up,” Alter said, according to WISH...MORE

No comments:
Post a Comment