Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Song Of The Day #001

This is an experiment. I like old-time country, bluegrass, string band, western, western swing and dixieland jazz. I also like modern artists who honor the traditional sound. I will be experimenting with sharing my library by this "song of the day" posting.

If you don't like the old-time sound, don't waste your time listening.

The first selection is Cliff Carlisle's 1939 recording of Black Jack David. Carlisle, from Kentucky, was born in 1903 and passed away in 1982. He was a yodeler, and pioneered the use of the Hawaiian steel guitar in country music.

This song is available from Cliff Carlisle - Blues Yodeler and Steel Guitar Wizard



Email recipients go here to play song


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fantastic. Thanks Frank, reminds me of my childhood. Oops, didn't mean to show my age like that.

Tick