Monday, September 17, 2007

NOTE TO READERS

There will be a - hopefully - short hiatus in The Westerner.

Those who are long time readers know I have multiple sclerosis. On Tuesday I will have surgery to implant a baclofen pump to help with the spasticity and clonus in my legs.

The surgery will be in El Paso, and then I will spend an undetermined amount of time at the Rehabilitation Hospital of Southern New Mexico. I've been there before, I will have my laptop, and they do have WiFi. The kicker is though, the farther you are from the nurses station the slower the connection. So we will see how lucky I am in the room I draw.

I'm fairly confident I'll be back posting next week and possibly before, so check back in.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

God speed to you and your doctors. Hope all goes well. And thanks for what you do here. It's a good place for us flatlanders to get news from the West.

Kanani said...

Good luck and hope your recovery goes well. You might have a faithful reader sneak in a direct line, or absolutely insist that you must have the room nearest the WiFi for your adoring fans.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Let me know if you want any help keeping things up. Hope you get rahabbed up soon and things will be back to normal fast. Laurie

Kanani said...

Well, who'd of thought the westerner would get spammed by Celia?

Anyway, I've left you good wishes on my site.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
-AW in CA

Darren Weeks said...

God bless you, Mr. Dubois. I am a huge fan of you and your site. I have often used your material on my websites and my radio broadcast, Govern America (www.governamerica.com). I hope everything goes well with the surgery and your subsequent recovery.

Blessings to you and may the Lord grant your speedy recovery and a restoration of our land. Amen.