Monday, October 27, 2008

It's All Trew: I've got some issues with the term 'issues' Recently as evening waned, I was sitting in my easy chair waiting for the sun to go down so I could legitimately go to bed. The phone rang and the young lady dispatcher at the Gray County Sheriff's Office stated, "Mr. Trew, we have a deputy just north of your house who is having some issues with a stray bull out on I-40. Could you possibly help him please?" I immediately jumped up, fastened my belt, slipped on my boots, grabbed my cap and pickup keys and started out the door. It was at this time the words, "having some issues" soaked into my feeble brain. This was definitely new ground for my experiences. Now, during my 75 plus years, 60 spent alongside Route 66 and I-40, I have experienced stampedes, runaways, wrecks, strays, bull fights, truck wrecks, immigrant pileups, drug busts, suicides, hopped-up truck drivers, two murders, thousands of foreign tourists, jail prisoner escapees, stolen property, stolen vehicles and truckloads of trash tossed but never in all those years have I encountered a stray bull with "issues."....

No comments: