Thursday, June 25, 2009

Song Of The Day #070

Will you help me find a song?

When I was in high school or maybe a little older I had an LP with a fiddle breakdown on it named Look Sharp Be Sharp. It was based on the Gillete razor blade jingle that I would hear on Friday Night Fights.

I think it was on a Rural Rhythm LP, a cheap record label from whom I used to mail order albums.

Anyway, I just loved that fiddle breakdown. I think it was the only song on the LP that I liked.

I don't remember the fiddle player or the band (I'm pretty sure it was a bluegrass LP).

So, if you know the the band or where I can obtain this fiddle breakdown, please let me know. I will be forever greatful.

The first item is one of the old Gillette tv adds, followed by the look sharp march.

The second item is Look Sharp Be Sharp done up dixieland style, which comes a little closer to how the fiddle breakdown sounded.




No comments: