Friday, November 19, 2010

100 cows stolen from ranch

Thieves made off with dozens of cows from a Florida ranch in broad daylight. The crooks took advantage of the ranch owner's illness to commit the crime. Bob Edwards has been a rancher all his life, but recently had to take time off to undergo chemotherapy. While he was away someone took advantage of his absence. The crooks drove onto his property, loaded up close to 100 cows and disappeared. "They took out two loads that day," Edwards said. "Before then, I thought I was missing some but I had no proof because I can't ride a horse, I can't do much." Okeechobee County Sheriff's Deputies have little to go on at this point. People in the area saw trucks coming in and out, and heard men moving the cattle, but no one thought it was unusual. The Deputies think the crooks may have working knowledge of this ranch and its owner...more

No comments: