Friday, December 10, 2010

Cervi Takes Barrels, Ohl Wins Again

Few cowboys have owned the Thomas & Mack Center like Cody Ohl, and the tie-down roper’s dominance continued in Round 8 of the 52nd Wrangler National Finals Rodeo. Ohl, of Hico, Texas, won his fourth round in five nights and 40th of his career at the Wrangler NFR in Round 8 after stopping the clock in 7.2 seconds. That time was two-tenths of a second faster than Shane Hanchey’s run and came a night after Ohl had a no-time. Ohl is one only of three men – along with Billy Etbauer and Fred Whitfield – to earn more than $1 million at the Wrangler NFR alone, and he’s not done yet. “I’m a little mad at stubbing my toe last night, so I really had a little extra oomph in there to really capitalize tonight,” Ohl said. “Last night, I missed, and my rope was a little too stiff. Tonight, I had it just a little too limber and got ahead of it. I kind of skipped (the rope) on that calf instead of roping it sharp, but (2009 AQHA/PRCA Tie-Down Roping Horse of the Year) Pearl cleaned it up like she always does.” Ohl trails Trevor Brazile in the PRCA World Standings $175,077-$153,325, but is 11th in the Wrangler NFR average. He has now earned more money in eight days in Las Vegas ($76,827) than he did during the entire regular season ($76,498)...more

No comments: