Friday, March 27, 2015

Special forces set to swarm Southwest and operate undetected among civilians in massive military exercise


Seven Southwestern states will soon be infiltrated by 1,200 military special ops personnel as part of a controversial domestic military training in which some of the elite soldiers will operate undetected among civilians. Operation Jade Helm begins in July and will last for eight weeks. Soldiers will operate in and around towns in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah and Colorado where some of them wil drop from planes while carrying weapons loaded with blanks in what military officials have dubbed Realistic Military Training. But with residents of the entire states of Texas and Utah dubbed 'hostile' for the purposes of the exercises, Jade Helm has some concerned the drills are too realistic. 
The Houston Chronicle reports that, among the planned exercises, soldiers will attempt to operate undetected among civilian populations. Residents, in turn, will be asked to report suspicious activity in order to gauge the effectiveness of the soldiers. Military officials say they've gotten the go ahead for the operations from local authorities such as mayors and county commissions. 'The size and scope of Jade Helm sets this one apart. To stay ahead of the environmental challenges faced overseas, Jade Helm will take place across seven states,' the USASOC wrote in a March 24 release. 'The diverse terrain in these states replicates areas Special Operations Soldiers regularly find themselves operating in overseas.' The military has also reacted to widespread fear of the operation by calling some ultra-conservative coverage of the 'martial law' drills alarmist and inaccurate...more

4 comments:

Lloyd K Lewis said...

I live in Colorado. I do not carry blanks in my weapons. If someone points a gun at me, I consider that I am in danger and will react in kind. So what then? this doesn't seem like a very smart move, to send in armed infiltrators. It may well backfire on them or cause unforeseen problems.

Tick said...

I'm with Lloyd. I conceal carry. I'm always prepared around the homestead and watch out for my neighbors also. I don't care if the feds saturate radio and tv about what's going on I'll not know the difference between a shadowy soldier and a bad guy with the intent of harming me or mine. It's a dilemma, in Texas I can shoot the bad guy with no threat of punishment. If I shoot a US soldier I could spend life in prison. What's to keep a well read bad guy from claiming to be a good guy?

Anonymous said...

Best not come parachuting in to Siskiyou County, or be looking suspicious. We might mistake you for bad guys and shoot before calling to report suspicious activity. Of course that would confirm that we really are hostiles and we would be entirely and permanently taken over.

Anonymous said...

If this is true, This is a terrible idea. My friends, family, neighbors, and I are all very comfortable with our weapons. If we feel threatened, we will shoot first and explain why when someone comes looking for missing operatives. Faking a realistic military exercise in Texas or New Mexico without notifying the residents of the area could result in a lot of unnecessary loss, because once again the military went off half-cocked without considering the repercussion of such a brainless act. Lloyd is exactly right.