Thursday, January 14, 2016

Oregon Fire Chief Resigns, Sides With Bundy Brothers (video)

Harney County, Oregon, fire chief Chris Briels resigned on Jan. 13 based on his distrust of the local government and his belief that FBI agents are going undercover near the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, which Ammon Bundy's militia has illegally occupied since Jan. 2 (video below). Briels held a press conference with Bundy and said he gave his resignation to county Judge Steve Grasty, KATU reports. Briels recalled joining the Community Committee for Public Safety, which has said it may fight for local ranchers' land rights after Bundy's militia leaves. “I’ve been told by [Grasty] to distance myself from this committee of public safety," Briels said. "I’ve been told that we don’t know what we’re doing. I’ve been told that my life is in danger. I’ve been told all kinds of things. I will not be told what to do. I have my own mind, and I will use my own mind, not somebody else’s.” Briels then recalled confronting some strangers at the local armory and taking pictures of their vehicles, but not being allowed to see the county sheriff about the incident. Briels said he was told to call 911, but called dispatch instead, which ran the license plates that "came back to undercover FBI agents."...more

Here's a video from the press conference:

https://youtu.be/SB6m7x3QDAg

No comments: