"$259 million higher than 2016’s funding and $168 million more than Obama’s request"
I'm so old I can remember when a Republican budget was always lower. Here you have a very liberal, big spending Democrat as President, and the Republicans propose to outspend him. With the current makeup and leadership in the party, they are simply incapable of controlling spending.
The committee says the bill contains provisions to help a droughty California and the following riders:
- The bill prohibits any changes to federal jurisdiction under the Clean Water Act.
- The bill prohibits any changes to the definition of “fill material” and “discharge of fill material” for the purposes of the Clean Water Act.
- The bill restricts the application of the Clean Water Act in certain agricultural areas, including farm ponds and irrigation ditches.
- The bill includes language allowing the possession of firearms on Corps of Engineers lands.
- The bill prohibits new nuclear nonproliferation projects in Russia.