Thursday, April 14, 2016

Report on Ranch Radio

On the occasion of our 1600th song I thought I would bring you up to date on Ranch Radio.  Many will recall it used to be a song on a music player, but different people would have trouble playing the songs on their computer.  I would change players and then another set of people couldn't use it.  When this finally affected my Mother's computer, I needed to find a fix and be quick about it.

That's when I discovered the world of music on YouTube and everybody could play their videos.  That was just over two years ago, when I established the Ranch Radio channel on YouTube, and just over 500 videos later things have really taken off, with over half a million plays and over 700 subscribers.  There are more folks out there who enjoy this old time than I would have thought.

Here's the latest from YouTube analytics:




And the number one song based on number of plays?

I'll Fly Away by Alison Krauss & Gillian Welch, closely followed at #2:  Cowboy In A Continental Suit by Marty Robbins, #3 I Don't Hurt Anymore by Hank Snow and #4 Are You Missing Me by Jim & Jesse McReynolds.

No comments: