Sunday, August 28, 2016

Baxter Black - Coup de grace

“Well, at least it isn’t broken,” he said as he wiped his face
            With his good arm. “Although it might be a smidgen outta place.
That sucker sure did buck hard! I’m glad I was wearin’ my hat
            Or I’da punched right through that net wire fence and hung there like a bat!

Dadgummit! Where’s the rest of my shirt? All but the sleeves are gone!
            And my chest has got a pattern you could make a waffle on!
I remember him a’squallin’ with my collar in his teeth
            as I flopped from neck to shoulder like a rubber Christmas wreath!

Have ya seen my other bat wing leg? I had it, I’da sworn.
            I never wear just half a pair. Musta hooked it on the horn
When he ran it up my pant leg where my inseam used to be
            And my off hind boot is missin’, aw, shoot, that don’t bother me,

It could still be in the stirrup ‘cause I had a deadman’s grip!
            I made several revolutions from his belly to his hip,
Checked the bosal and the back cinch as I orbited around!
            He pumped me like a plumber plungin’ dirty water down.

Then bounced me off the buckin’ rolls when he went to changin’ gears!
            I did a back flip and catapulted out between his ears
But I hung tight to the neck rein as I spun and ricocheted
            Like someone tied a chicken to a helicopter blade!

No comments: