Wednesday, November 23, 2016

103-year-old man gets biggest buck of his hunting career

Good things come to those who wait, and Clyde Roberts has been waiting a long time. The 103-year-old hunter recently harvested the biggest buck of his hunting career, according to the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries. Roberts shot the deer while on a hunt with his granddaughter Christin. “Papa likes to tell everyone that I got so excited…of course I did!” Christin said. “Not only had I been able to hunt with my 103-year-old grandfather, but I had witnessed him take the biggest buck of his life. Most importantly I had the hunt of my lifetime with him! It was one of the most awe-inspiring moments of my hunting career. I will never forget it.” While he might be country’s oldest active deer hunter, Roberts was not always a hunter. He did not have much time for hunting during the years he raised a family. He started hunting in his retirement at the urging of his son Mike. That was 40 years ago...more

No comments: