- — different production systems and different organizations in the supply chain for products of animal origin, regardless of size and country;
- — different geographical, cultural and religious contexts; and
- — developed as well as developing countries.
- — to provide a management tool for the implementation of the animal welfare principles of the OIE TAHC (Section 7);
- — to provide guidance for the implementation of public or private animal welfare standards and relevant legislation that meet at least the OIE TAHC (Section 7);
- — to facilitate the integration of animal welfare principles in business-to-business relations.