Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Charles Sylvester responds to PLC




Colorado Cattlemen’s Association
8833 Ralston Road
Arvada, CO 80002-2239
Public Lands Council
National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
1301 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 300
Washington DC 20004

Dear CCA, PLC and NCBA,                                                  February 22, 2017

It has just been brought to my attention that your organizations, the Public Lands Council (PLC), Colorado Cattlemen's Association (CCA) and the National Cattlemen's Beef Association (NCBA) filed a joint objection to my involvement with the Range Allotment Owners Association (RAO). 

From my years of observation, I’d have to agree with your collective claim, “Public Lands Council is the only organization in Washington, DC, who solely represents the 22,000 ranchers who operate on public lands.” 

Please understand though, that as a Range Allotment Owner, PLC doesn’t represent me. And because I couldn’t find an entity that does protect Property Rights on Range Allotments, I helped co-found RAO. 
 

RAO is only concerned about the Property Rights of Range Allotment Owners. PLC represents ranchers on public lands. These two needs are wholly different. 

I like to exercise preventive maintenance by resolving situations before they get out of hand and end up in court. RAO is an essential form of preventive maintenance. 

Due to the vast difference between RAO and PLC, it is my assessment that the PLC should be relieved they don’t have to add another department beyond their long-standing representation of the public on public lands. 

Now you know why I enthusiastically co-founded the Range Allotment Owners Association.
Thank you in advance, for supporting my endeavor to protect my Property Rights on my 

Range Allotments.
Sincerely,
Charles W. Sylvester 
Ranch Owner and Retired General Manager of National Western Stock Show

Received via email 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chuck is again ahead of the collective herd mentality. This could even be a subset of Chuck and Ronnie's Good Neighbor Club. Thanks ROA for your efforts. CCA, NCBA et all are akin to the NRA profiteering/sellout on gun rights. Thinking maybe cattle packer drone groups oughta git sucked up in the whirlpool of the swamp draining. Soapweed near Deer Trail.
Thanks for posting this heads-up article also, sir.....