When you think of the land management agencies alone, there are many ripe opportunities, and a few dangers, for Westerners.
You can view the Executive Order here and the White House statement included the following background info:
A PROBLEM IGNORED: Despite a skyrocketing debt, past attempts to point out Government waste have been ignored.
- Under President Obama, our National debt grew by 88% from $10.6 trillion on January 20, 2009, to $19.9 trillion on January 19, 2017.
- Every child born today inherits over $61,000 in debt.
- In April 2016, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) reported that the Executive Branch and Congress failed to fully address a majority of the Government fragmentation, overlap, and duplication identified by the GAO.
- The Executive Branch has failed to fully follow through 53% of the time, failing to act on 243 of the 459 GAO recommended actions to reduce bureaucratic duplication and waste.
- Congress has failed to fully follow through 62% of the time, failing to act on 53 of the 85 GAO recommended actions to reduce bureaucratic duplication and waste.
- In 2016, the GAO identified 92 additional actions to reduce duplication and waste.
- Billions of dollars could be saved if just the previously identified problems were addressed.