Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Update for Readers: Good News, Bad News, Good News, ...the future?


In my last update, I told you about the fiasco concerning my surgery and that the EKG showed I'd had a heart attack.

I then took the EKG to my primary care doc. He said I had a type of electrical blockage that would always show up as a heart attack if not read correctly. He said the electrical signal starts at the top of the heart, kicks off the two top chambers, then goes to the lower chambers to fire them off. In my case, the electrical charge goes to the first two chambers, then short circuits out the left side of my heart, goes clear around the top of the heart and then down to the bottom chambers where it enters and fires them off. Just like every thing else in my life, I just can't seem to do things the way most people do them. He wasn't concerned, and told me to come back in six months.

Next I received a phone call from the nurse who works for the outfit that comes and fills the baclofen pump every six weeks or so (she wasn't my regular nurse, because the nurse who usually came had sliced up her hand while cleaning out chile pods). She wanted to know how much baclofen they had put in the new pump. Hell, I was knocked out and didn't know, but assumed they had filled it up. (This is a pretty big deal. The pump has an alarm on it. If it goes off I'm instructed to immediately go to the hospital. Given the dosage I receive, if not treated immediately I will go into convulsions and die). She was unable to reach the surgeon, so called the physician who manages the pump. He thought they had just transferred the baclofen from the old pump to the new. If so, I only had a few days supply left. Then, for some odd reason, I remembered there was a pretty young lady in the room who was a tech for Medtronics, the maker of the pump. The nurse checked this out, located the tech, who said they filled the pump, so I'm not due for a refill till late November.  

My annual trek to the urologist was today. Always glad to get my visit with that finger waggin' dude over with. However, got a phone call from his office this morning. The doc had been exposed to the coronavirus, so was cancelling all appointments and they would call to reschedule. With my luck, it will probably be around Thanksgiving, only it won't be the turkey that is getting basted.

Still having issues with health insurance, ira's, tsa's, and others, all related to paperwork concerning the loss of Sharon.

Been also spending a lot of time studying blockchain technology, crypto currencies, etc. in an effort to understand how they will affect us in the future.

All of this is offered to explain why, as I'm sure you've noticed, the posts to The Westerner have fallen off. Its also causing me to assess where I'm at right now. Here is a list of what I produce or work at every day.

1) The Westerner blog, 7 days a week https://thewesterner.blogspot.com/
2} The email version of The Westerner,  5 to 6 times a week.
3) The Westerner Facebook page, 7 days per week https://www.facebook.com/TheWesterner4U/
4) The Linebery Policy Center Facebook page, 7 days per week https://www.facebook.com/lineberypolicycenter/
5) The LPC Newsletter, intermittent.
6) I write a monthly column published in The NM Stockman and The Livestock Market Digest
7) Ranch Radio YouTube channel, 6 days per week. https://www.youtube.com/user/mscowboy2
8) Ranch Radio Facebook page, 6 days per week. https://www.facebook.com/RanchRadio4U
9) Fundraising and advisor to the NMSU rodeo program, intermittent. Currently serve on the search committee to hire a new rodeo coach.
 
That's a full load, and the recent complications in my life are making it hard to handle all this and still maintain my health and sanity. Things may smooth out, but right now I'm having to step back and weigh my priorities. We'll see what the future may bring, and I'll let you know what I figure out. 
 
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.


4 comments:

Paul D. Butler said...

Best of luck with your challenges

DougD said...

Love the blog but your health has to come first! Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Heb 12:6 For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives."

Thanks Frank for all your hard work. There will be a happier end to all of this.

Dave Skinner said...

Frank, at this point in your life, do what matters most to YOU.