Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Limbaugh: 'I'm on thin ice saying this' about Biden


A sparse and socially distanced audience at the inauguration of President Joe Biden

Joe Kovacs

As Joe Biden was sworn in as America's 46th president on Wednesday, talk-radio star Rush Limbaugh said he believes Democrats are fully aware the 2020 presidential election was illegitimate.

"I think they know that they are not – I gotta be very careful here in the words I choose. I think they know that this is something that's been arranged rather than legitimately sought and won," Limbaugh said on his national broadcast.

"They have not legitimately won it. Now, I'm on thin ice saying this. I'm making myself a target saying this, but I've been doing this for 30 years. And it's really no different today than 30 years ago. No different than last week, in terms of the way I approach this. It's almost a question of legitimacy.

"I'm almost of the mind that they know that there's not a full-fledged legitimacy to this. But it doesn't matter because they're able to lie to themselves. They're able to tell themselves stories. They really don't have anybody there [at the inauguration] and they've got people replaced by 200,000 flags, 200,000 flags that have been placed on the Washington mall."

..."So I'm watching this, I'm watching all the people that are performing and all the people that are speaking and all the people just there observing and watching. And I know they're going through a gamut of emotions. They're excited as they can be that they have vanquished Trump. They've been trying for four years. Everything they tried bombed.

"Everything, every step they took blew up. It didn't work, in terms of getting rid of Trump. They retarded the speed of his agenda implementation. They did do great damage to his reputation, but they didn't get rid of him. That was the objective. The objective was to overturn the election results, and they failed. But then they finally succeeded.

"But you see this is where accepting false praise comes in. They didn't really succeed. I don't think that the people on that stage today are genuinely the choice of a majority of Americans. Now, the results say they are, and they will tell themselves they are – and they will, thus, lie to themselves, something I will never do.

..."These are the kind of people that demand loyalty, and when it's not there, they'll take care of it another way. Because when you boil it all down, they really don't expect loyalty. They demand it. And if you don't exhibit it, they've got other ways of dealing with you.

 ..."When I say I think the Democrats are gonna overstep, it's not that they're gonna purposely do it, it's not that they're gonna realize they're doing it. My point is they're not gonna be able to help themselves. They're gonna make incorrect assumptions about their popularity. They always do this."

READ ENTIRE POST

 

No comments: