Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Interior Secretary Deb Haaland Pawns Off Ecoterrorist Nominee on Biden: ‘I Didn’t Nominate Her’

 

Interior Secretary Deb Haaland could not answer for the controversies surrounding Tracy Stone-Manning, President Joe Biden’s nominee to lead the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), when Republicans on the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee confronted Haaland about Stone-Manning during a hearing Tuesday.

Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) pressed the secretary, whose department houses the BLM, on several of Stone-Manning’s controversial stances, at one point asking specifically about Stone-Manning’s recent support for her husband’s article suggesting some homes built in wildfire-prone areas ought to burn.

Lee asked, “Were you aware of public statements that Ms. Stone-Manning had made only months before her nomination calling for homes built in forests to burn in forest fires?”

Haaland replied, “I had not read any of that, senator, and I mean, yes, I am the secretary of the Interior, but she is the president’s nominee, and I am in a — I mean, I didn’t nominate her. I am here to move the department forward on the president’s priorities, and that is what I am focused on at the moment.”...MORE

No comments: