Thursday, December 08, 2022

Dino Cornay "Runnin The Gate"


 

 
"RUNNIN' THE GATE"....15 x 22 Pencil drawing....Greetings everyone...Hopefully everybody's Thanksgiving was a great family gathering.... The drawing I am posting today is of a friend of mine for many years, and sure enough a cowboy, Lehmer Jeffers, sorting cattle. As I strive to do with my art, I hope I have captured the pride that these people have in their craft in handling horses and cattle and am proud to portray another one of my friends......I also dedicate this drawing to a man admired by thousands, the great Bob Shufelt, better known to the masses as "Shoofly". This great artist has produced a body of work that is breathtaking and puts on a clinic every time he picks up a drawing pencil. He has been a hero and mentor to countless artists and is certainly one of mine. In a visit we had a while back, I commented on the long hours that every artist spends at their drawing board or easel. His reply was, "That's why they call it artwork, and not artplay". This one's for you Bob and I am proud to know you and Julie. Your great art and talent has brought joy to countless people and we can never thank you enough. You have greatly honored the many people in your drawings and the cowboy/ranching way of life......Blessings to everyone and have a great week

No comments: