Tuesday, May 08, 2018
Cattle operation losses from wildfires exceed $26 million
• $16.4 million for fence replacement and repair;
• $1.4 million for livestock killed or destroyed as a result of the fire plus veterinary costs and reduced value of surviving injured animals;
• $6.3 million for burned facilities and corrals;
• $1.6 million for emergency feed; and
• $660,000 for burned pasture and hay.
The estimates are based in part on preliminary totals of some 1,600 head of cattle lost and over 2,100 miles of fences affected. The totals do not include any estimates for vehicle and equipment losses or homes or other personal property destroyed in the fires..MORE